Pre k-4 Class
This week we will continue practicing for our Christmas program, learning our songs and their motions and Bible verses.
L is this week’s letter and we’ll make ladybugs, lions and lighthouses, practice letter formation and the L sound and identify L words
We’ll use Legos for counting and sorting and also for making colorful art projects!
Beginning this week we will chart December’s weather, observing and charting temperature, rain/snowfall and sunrise and sunset times!
Pre k-3 Class
Theme – To learn about Jesus’ life
This week each child will be encouraged to join in with the Christmas songs we are rehearsing.
English – Letter “L” and its sound, naming as many “L” words as we can.
Math– We will be developing our estimating skills through games and activities. We will use compare bears to estimate numbers to 10. Lady Bug Game- estimating/counting spots
Stories – Bible stories about the life of Jesus
- ‘ Big and LITTLE” by John Stadler
- “Three LITTLE kittens” by P. Galdone
- ” LEMONS are not red” by L. seeger
- “The Grouchy LADYBUG” by E. Carle
- ” Gladys goes out to LUNCH” by D. Anderson
- “LLAMA LLAMA mad at Mama”, “LLAMA, LLAMA Misses Mama”, “LLAMA LLAMA and the Billy Goat”, by A Dewdney
- “LADYBUG LADYBUG fly away home””
- “Mary had a LITTLE LAMB”
Circle Time Activities
“L” words, number math- counting and estimating and months of the year. We will read at least one story each day.
Discuss sleeping and health and how they are related.
- Make silhouette of Bethlehem
- Make felt lion and handprint lamb
- Jesus is the light of the world – decorate lanterns
- Outline of arm as tree with leaves.
Pre K-2 Class
- This week we are going to learn all about the letter I and the two sounds it makes. We are going to do some I related crafts.
- We will continue learning We Wish You A Merry Christmas for our concert. Please remember to practice at home. The Pre-k 2’s will learn all about my favorite sense, smell! We are going to start learning about Christmas and start creating some Christmas masterpieces.