PreK 4 And Wraparound Class (Adele Leeds)
At circle time we’ll work on taking turns talking (not interrupting!) and encouraging and praising our friends. We’ll talk about the seasons and weather and review name cards, days of the week and months of the year!
This week’s letter is T. We’ll have lessons on transportation (trains, cars, planes, boats, roads and waterways), telling time and textures ( using our sense of touch to explore many different textures and materials).
We’ll have a tea party ( decaf peppermint tea and biscuits!!) and practice our table manners!
We’ll practice counting by twos and writing numbers two and ten.
We’ll make tigers and tractors and for a special treat we’ll create edible palm trees ( wafer cookies, apples and grapes)!
We’ll read Tastes Good by Sally Hewitt, Trucks by Ken Robbins and I’m Taking a Trip on my Train by Shirley Neitzel.
PreK 3 Class ( Susan Adesina )
THEME – Dental health
This week each child will be encouraged to put up their hand to ask a question- take turns.
- Letter “T” and its sound,
- naming as many “T” words as we can – eg;
- TRANSPORT TRAFFIC TURTLE TORTOISE TIGER TRIANGLE TIME TEN
- Measuring TRIANGLES – put them in size order
- focus on numbers TWO and TEN
- “TRUCKS” by K Robbins
- “There were TEN in the bed” by scholastic books
- “Three TREES” -folktale
- ” TWO little TRAINS” by M Brown
- “Oi get off our TRAIN” by J Burningham
- “TOM TOM the pipers son”
- “TWINKLE TWINKLE little star
- “I’m a little TEAPOT “
CIRCLE TIME ACTIVITIES-
- “T” words, number math. Months of the year. Seasons.
- We will read at least one story each day
HEALTH SKILLS- What foods/drinks are good for our teeth?
ART AND CRAFT PROJECTS
- Make a TEDDY bears picnic picture ( also have a teddy bears picnic with the children)
- Make a road out of black paper and use it to put TRUCKS on
- Make a TRIANGLE picture out of pre-cut different sized triangles
- Make and decorate a TEAPOT out of a paper plate
Prek 2 Class (Chrissy Sunberg)
We are exploring the letter R r this week. We will create rainbows using paint and construction paper. While making our rainbows, we will also do a color match. We will create a red rectangle robot too. Towards the end of the week we will make “All Things R” collage.
Math skills- continue measuring our hands against other items in our school.
Keeping up with the February theme “Healthy Heart” The kiddos will play a Move and Grove- gross motor alphabet game by moving around while a fun upbeat song plays. They will locate upper case and lower case letters that are printed on card stock and taped to the floor. Another big hit we have been doing in class and will continue during the cold months is freeze dance.
Books we will read are:
- Rock and Roll Rabbit
- A Rainbow of My Own