Prek 4 ( Jennifer Ward )
This week we will be talking about fruits and vegetables that we harvest during the fall.
Theme Of The Week:
Letter Of The Week:
– We will be introducing the letter “Dd” while also reviewing the letters “Aa”, “Bb” and “Cc”.
Books We Will Be Reading:
-“Farms and the world’s food supply.”
– “Johnny Appleseed.”
-“Apples, Apples, Apples.”
Songs We Will Be Singing:
– It’s Harvest Time
– 5 Little Pumpkins
-The Apple Poem
– Harvest Song
Projects And Activities:
– Letter “Dd” tracing worksheet.
– Letter “Dd” alphabet page.
– Making apples from cut up construction paper.
– Tasting red, green and yellow apples. Then talking about how they each tasted and make a graph on which one we liked the best.
– Drawing our favorite food we harvest during the fall.
– Family Members
Prek 3 ( Jennifer Polesuk)
Theme of the week: Let’s Work Together
We will spend time this week learning how to play nicely together and also to work as a team to clean up our classroom.
Letter of the week: B and C
Books we will be reading:
– The Three Bears by Byron Barton
– Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown
– Who Stole The Cookies From The Cookie Jar? by Christine Schneider
– The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
– Little Mouse and the Big Cupcake by Thomas Taylor
– coloring letter B’s by size ( small, large, and the children will be introduced to the concept of medium)
– workbook letter C
– letter C page of our alphabet book
– caterpillar craft
– puffy paint cupcake project
– rainbow writing letter C
We are continuing this week to work on sorting by color and size, as well as making patterns using buttons.
Prek 2 ( Nellie Westpy )
Letter of the week: D
Some projects we will be doing:
Dot painting the letter D
Dirt drawings using plastic silverware to place dirt
Math : using Domino’s in counting how many dots are on each then making a tower with them.
Baking : we will be making our very own donuts in our kitchen by cutting a hole in a biscuit and adding sugar and cinnamon!
Some books we will be reading:
Bernstein Bears go to the doctor by Stan Bernstein
Dinosaur alphabet book by Jerry Pallotta
Beginner dictionary by Philip Eastman