Prek 3 ( Jennifer Polesuk)
I hope everyone had a very nice Thanksgiving with their families!!
Theme of the week: G is for Germs
We will discuss the importance of washing our hands, as well as covering our coughs and sneezes. We will also learn a new song called “The Germ Stopping Song”.
Letter of the week: G
Books we will be reading:
– Wash Your Hands! by Tony Ross
– Goodnight, Goodnight, Construction Site by Sherri Duskey Rinker and Tom Lichtenheld
– Felicity Floo Visits The Zoo by E. S. Redmond
– Grumpy Goat by Brett Helquist
– Achoo! by Mij Kelly and Mary McQuillan
– letter G workbook page
– letter G page of our alphabet book
– golf ball painting
– Cover Your Sneeze activity
– G is for Grapes painting craft
– gumball activity to review numbers 1 – 10
– Goldfish Graphing – We will sort rainbow goldfish by colors and them graph how many of each color we have.
Prek 2 ( Nellie Westpy )
We had more than half of our class absent last week due to the holiday week as many people took last mini vacations so we will be using last week’s lessons plan for this week and will also be introducing the additional concepts below:
Letter : L
Although the children are too young to grasp the concept of right and left we will be working with them on objects that move from left to right for L. These lessons will also provoke vocabulary development. We will also be working with them on matching shapes to with their shadows.
Additional books we will be reading this week:
Mary had a little lamb by Sarah Hale
I took my frog to the library by Eric Kimmel
Lazy lions by Patricia Giff