Prek 4 ( Jennifer Quartucci)
We have made it to the letter Z! We are so proud of how far the students have come since what seems like yesterday when we were introducing ‘A’. We will continue writing letters A-Z in uppercase and lowercase and writing words. Name writing practice will also continue.
Theme of the Week: Community Helpers: policemen and firemen.
Books we will be Reading:
Big Frank’s Fire Truck
Officer Buckle and Gloria
Just me and my Mom
Put me in the Zoo
Curious George goes to the Zoo
*Z is for zoo: art activity
*Matching tools to the community helper that uses them
*Zig-Zag tracing and cutting
*Number recognition and strengthening motor skills by playing ‘Put out the ‘Fire’
*Thank you activity for local community helpers
Math: skip counting
Prek 3 ( Jennifer Polesuk )
The children have been working very hard to prepare for their graduation show. We are so proud of them!!
Happy Mother’s day to all!! Enjoy your special day!!!
Theme of the week: Mother’s Day
Letter of the week: Y
Books we will be reading:
- Clifford’s Happy Mother’s Day by Norman Bridwell
- I Love You Mom by Iris Hiskey Arno
- What Moms Can’t Do by Douglas Wood
- A Present For Mom by Vivian French
- Mother’s Day Mess by Karen Gray Ruelle
- lots of Mother’s Day surprises!!!!
- yo yo paper plate craft
- ordering yarn by size
- painting with yarn
– We are working on counting by 2’s, 5’s and 10’s