Prek 4 ( Jennifer Ward )
We have officially finished our first week of school!!! The children are starting to get used to the new routine 🙂 I am truly enjoying to get to know all of your children so well 🙂
Theme Of The Week:
– Let’s Be Friends, Let’s Share
Letter Of The Week:
– Introducing the letter “Bb” and also reviewing the letter “Aa.”
Books We Will Be Reading:
– “Biscuit’s New Friend.”
– “Biscuit Finds A Friend.”
– I Will Surprise My Friend.”
– My New Friend Is So Fun.”
– Bear’s New Friend.”
Songs We Will Be Singing:
– Find A Friend
– Meet A Friend
– Friends 1,2,3
– It’s Time To Share
– My Friends And I Like To Share
Projects And Activities:
– Letter “Bb” worksheets
– Letter “Bb” Alphabet Page
– Making A Friendship Tree Using Our Handprints
– Having The Children Draw Pictures Of Themselves And Their Friends Doing Activities Together
– Make Friendship Bracelets For Our Friends
– Making A Friendship Flower About What Makes A Good Friend
– Weather Permitting: Going Outside To Practice Writing The Letters “Aa” and “Bb” With Side Walk Chalk.
– Practice Counting
– Continue Practicing Patterns
We Are Also Talking About Being Healthy By Washing Our Hands And Eating Healthy Foods 🙂
Prek 3 ( Adele Leeds / Michele Zinicola )
We are enjoying our friends, activities and crafts in PreK3!
At circle time, we are getting to know each other and our school day routine. We check the weather and calendar, say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing It’s a Grand Old Flag.
We are working in our workbooks on letters A and B and the color red!
This week we’ll practice the B sound and B words, trace Bs and count with little bears ( number and color review).
We’ll make shape collages ( shape and color review), birds and butterflies!
We’ll read Blueberries for Sal (Robert McCloskey), Biscuit Visits the Big City (Alyssa Satin Capucilli) and Buzz Said the Bee (Wendy Cheyette Lewiston).
Prek 2 ( Nellie Westpy )
Letter of the week: B
Some books we will be reading:
Brown bear Brown bear by Eric Carlisle
Bernstein bear book by Stan Bernstein
Butterflies by Susan canizaras
Some projects we will be doing:
Creating a bird out of the lowercase B
Be with buttons
Math skill: sorting buttons by shape and color