Prek 4 – (Jennifer Ward )
Our pumpkin seeds have really started to grow. We will be sending them home this week so the children can plant them 🙂
Topic Of The Week:
– Caterpillar And Butterflies (Learning The Word Metamorphosis)
– We Also Just Got Some Caterpillars In So We Can Watch The Transformation 🙂
Letter Of The Week:
– We Have Finished The Alphabet So We Will Be Reviewing A-Z This Week
Books We Will Be Reading:
– “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.”
– “Hurry And The Monarch.”
– “Butterflies And Other Insects.”
– “Butterflies And Caterpillars.”
– “Monarch And Milkweed.”
Songs And Poems We Will Be Doing:
– Butterfly Song
– The Butterfly Ballad
– 5 Little Butterflies
– Butterfly Poem
Projects And Activities:
– Letter A-Z Review Worksheets
– Practice Writing Letters In Our Workbooks
– Butterfly Outline Picture
– Coffee Filter Butterfly
– Butterfly Life Cycle Leaves
– Handprint Butterfly
– Caterpillar Painted With Sponges
Prek 3 ( Adele Leeds )
Community Helpers Week!!
We’ll learn about firemen, police officers, doctors, nurses, mail carriers and more! We’ll play community helpers bingo and make police cars and handprint firemen!!
We’ll make and deliver mail to each other ( letter and name recognition), set up our own bakery ( number identification and less and more ) and community helper vehicle count ( #s 1-10 )!
The children are doing a great job practicing for the show!!