Prek 4 ( Jennifer Quartucci )
We hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving. It’s hard to believe we are getting close to our December holidays; so exciting!
Have your child wear GREEN to school on Wednesday for the letter of the week!
This week’s lessons include:
Introduction to the letter: G
- We will be rainbow writing on the first day to practice formation. We will use green paint and glitter to decorate the letter.
- Math: graphing activities, counting objects up to 10 and recognizing larger numbers (reinforced during calendar time).
- Garbage bag guessing game
- Gumball project using dot paints and counting
- Working on our ‘family books’
- Song: ‘My Silly Billy Goat’
- Movement activity: galloping
- Gregory the Terrible Eater
- Good Night Gorilla
- Gingerbread Man: Felt Board Story
- The Giving Tree
- The 3 Billy Goats Gruff
We have begun working on recognizing birthdays, addresses and last names.
Prek 3 ( Jennifer Polesuko )
Letters of the Week: G and H
Books we will be reading:
- Goodnight Moon by Margaret Wise Brown
- The Great Gracie Chase by Cynthia Rylant
- –From Head to Toe by Eric Carle
- –Hickory Dickory Dock by Keith Baker
- The Red Hen by Rebecca and Ed Amberley
- G is for grapes
- Golf ball painting
- Shape houses
- Helicopter craft
- We are continuing with 1-1 correspondence and recognition of numbers 1-10.
- Gift number game
- Gumball number activity
- Number BINGO
Looking forward to a great week!