Prek 4 ( Jennifer Ward )
*****JUST A FEW FRIENDLY REMINDERS….We have half days this upcoming Thursday and Friday due to conferences :)We also have the Weis field trip coming to our school on Wednesday to teach us about some foods!!!
Theme Of The Week:
– Harvesting On The Farm
Letter Of The Week:
– We Will Be Reviewing This Week The Letters A-E
Books We Will Be Reading:
– “Out And About At The Apple Orchard.”
– “Plant And Prune.”
– “Farm Machines.”
Songs We Will Be Singing:
– Have You Ever Seen An Apple
– Do You Know The Apple Man?
– 5 Little Apples
– Pumpkin, Pumpkin
– 5 Little Pumpkins
Projects And Activities:
– We Will Be Making Corn Using Real Popcorn
– We will Be Making An Apple
– We Will Be Making Apple Trees
– We Will Be Trying Some Apples And Making A Graph at Which One We Like The Best
– We Will Be Painting Our Favorite Food That We Harvest
Prek 3 ( Adele Leeds / Michele Zinicola )
We’ll play Pass the Jack-O-Lantern ( name recognition ) and make big and small bats ( sorting by size ) and spiders ( learning some rhyming sounds and words ).
This week’s letter is E. We’ll explore the E box and make elephants and hatching eggs!
We will learn Five Little Pumpkins Sitting on a Gate!
The children are enjoying workbook pages and worksheets!
We’ll read Pete the Cat— Five Little Pumpkins ( James Dean ) and Red Leaf, Yellow ( Lois Ehlert ).
Prek 2 ( Nellie Westpy)
Letter of the week :F
Some books will be reading:
Busy farm by Rebecca Fin
Fire fighters! Lucy cousins
The birthday fish by Dan Yaccarino
Some projects we will be doing:
Fish made from plate
Flowers made from handprints
Please keep in mind that this is an abbreviated week academically as we have half the dismissals on Thursday and Friday between 1145 and 12noon .Thank you