Prek 4 ( Jennifer Quartucci )
First, we would like to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving! We are thankful for the time we get to spend with your children each day, watching them grow, learn and having fun making memories with one another.
For the shortened week we will be doing the following:
- Making Thanksgiving cards
- Finishing placemats (we hope their responses to the 2 questions on these make you smile as much as we did; they were great!)
- Learning about the ‘Mayflower’ and completing a journal entry: ‘ If I went on the ‘Mayflower’, I would bring..
- Continue practicing our ‘5 Turkeys’ poem. Students will come home with a book they colored with the poem. We know they will enjoy reading it with you.
- Review writing letters A-F and numbers 1-5
- ‘Twas’ the Night Before Thanksgiving’
- ‘Plump and Perky Turkey’
- ‘Thanksgiving Mice’
Please note: Show and Tell will now be the first Wednesday of every month for ALL. Students may bring in their choice of something (any beginning letter). The first one will be December 7th
Prek 3 ( Jennifer Polesuk )
This week will be spent celebrating Thanksgiving! Hoping to see everyone at our “Show” on Wednesday at 11:00!
Books we will be reading:
- Happy Thanksgiving by Margaret McNamara
- Five Silly Turkeys by Salina Yoon
- Theo’s Thanksgiving by David Steinberg
- 10 Fat Turkeys by Tony Johnston
- One Little, Two Little, Three Little Pilgrims by B.G. Hennessy
- Watercolor turkeys
- I am thankful for………..
- Turkey name project
- Turkey math
- Turkey hats
HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!!!
Prek 2 ( Nellie Westpy )
We will be having an abbreviated week due to the Thanksgiving holiday. We will be closed half day on November 23 dismissal will be between 1145 and 12 noon. We hope your family has a blessed Thanksgiving! Here are some of the activities we will be doing this week.
Letter of the week: k
Books we will be reading:
- My kite by Jane Yolen
- Does a kangaroo have a mother to by Eric Carlislie
- The kitten book by Jane flog
Projects we will be doing:
- Kite for K out of a diamond shape
- Thanksgiving collage with different pictures associated with the season.
Quaker Church Location
Prek 4 ( Adele Leeds )
We’ll learn more about Thanksgiving this week and read The Pilgrim’s First Thanksgiving by
Ann McGovern and Natasha Wing’s The Night Before Thanksgiving.
We’ll make a handprint “Mayflower,” paper plate Pilgrims and colorful turkeys with the letters of our names on the feathers!
On Wednesday, we’ll have our own Thanksgiving parade ( the children will wear the feather headbands they made with Mrs. Z. and Mrs. Revithi )! We’ll snack on a turkey that we’ll make together with pears, bananas, strawberries, blueberries and grapes!
To help strengthen muscles and gross motor skills, we’ll have fun using our feet to toss beanbags into a hoop, a box and a bucket!
The children are doing so well at circle time; we are working on taking turns and encouraging and congratulating each other!
Prek 3 ( Michile Zinicola)
We had a great week at school!
We continued practicing our letters. This week we worked on the letter G. We made a bunch of grapes with our index finger and purple paint, it was so much fun!
We made our own gingerbread man and enjoyed reading the story. We did our fun letter G worksheets for lots of practice!
At circle time, we sang our finger-play songs, and we started a new song – “Pat- A- Cake”, we worked on colors, shapes, days of the week, months, seasons, and holidays. We are starting to learn our birthday month and day.
We continued to practice our manners, taking turns, sharing, and being kind and considerate to our friends.
Next week, is a short week of school, the Thanksgiving holiday is here!! At school, we are thankful for our friends and the opportunity to learn and grow!
We will share a feast with our friends and discuss what we are thankful for at our home.
November was a fantastic month!! School is a fun place to be –Remember to wear your smile to school!
A very Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends and families!!!!!