Prek 4 Class (Adele Leeds )
We’ll review letters M,N and O, practice our letter formation and continue writing our names with upper and lower case letters.
At circle time we’ll talk about winter weather and how we dress to keep ourselves warm! We’ll learn about hibernating animals and how they prepare for and thrive in winter.
Science activities will include experiments about solids and liquids (what happens when a variety of items are placed in water) and bouncing ( what items bounce and why!).
We’ll use M and M s, peanuts and oranges to learn about graphing.
As a treat we’ll make and snack on edible snowmen!
Prek 3 Class (Susan Adesina )
- Explore Hibernation
- This week each child will be encouraged to share whatever they are playing.
- Say “Please” and “Thank you”
- Letter “Q” and its sound, naming as many “Q” words as we can. eg QUEEN, QUICK,QUIET QUARTER, QUESTION, QUACK.QUILT
- Ask a friend QUESTIONS about themselves
- Retell the story of “The Mitten” in correct order using animals.
- Look at QUARTERS of shapes- cut shapes into QUARTERS
- make a paper plate clock and color in a QUARTER of the clock face.
- Graph of our favorite animal from “The Mitten”
- “The Mitten” by Jan Brett
- “Bear snores on” by K Wilson
- “Leaves” by D Stein
- Read a variety of books about snow and winter- discuss clothing worn and why.
Circle Time Activities:
- “Q” words, number math.. Months of the year. We will read at least one story each day
- Learning about dressing for different weather
Art and Craft Projects
- Make a QUILT out of hexagonal paper shapes-
- Make crayon rubbings of QUARTERS
Prek 2 Class (Chrissy Sunberg)
This week we will have a Phonics Review for the letters J-M by doing picture sorting, writing and initial sound matching. I want to continue reading and exploring The Mitten. I have so many neat crafts and learning manipulatives that relate to The Mitten. Some projects we plan on doing are sorting paper mittens from smallest to largest and matching mittens with the correct number.
This week we are going to talk about hibernation and read stories about the animals that hibernate in the winter.
We will start an early valentines day project to hang on the main bulletin board as well.
The following books will be read:
- The Mitten
- Old Bear
- Say Hello to the Snowy Animals
- J is for
- K is for Kite
- Little lemon lollipops