Prek 4 / Wraparound Class ( Adele Leeds )
This week we continue our practice and preparation for graduation and end-of-the-year show. The children are having fun learning the words and movements to the songs!
We’ll review alphabet letters K, L, M and N and make ladybugs, paint with marshmallows ( great fine motor skill activity ) and use colorful lollipops for a math counting and sorting activity.
We’ll explore animal habitats (arctic, Antarctic, ocean and grasslands) using worksheets and art activities as we learn the habitats’ characteristics and the animals that live in each.
I’ll hide fireflies ( large, medium and small yellow pompous ) and the children will find, sort ( by size ) and count them!
Prek 3 Class ( Susan Adesina )
MONDAY 2pm MOTHERS DAY GET TOGETHER
OVERALL GOAL – Learn about a variety of animals, how they live and their habitats
ENGLISH- Alphabet review – sounds of letters. Make alphabet picture.
MATH – Concentrating on numbers 20 – 30 and reviewing number identification
STORIES – “The gingerbread man”
NURSERY RHYMES/ SONGS
- ” Hello everybody “
- ” We are the dinosaurs”
- ” All of this is me”
CIRCLE TIME ACTIVITIES
- number math -counting to 30
- recognizing numbers 20 to 30
- Number identification review 0 to 20
- Days of the week
- Months of the year.
- We will read at least one story each day
ART AND CRAFT
- use a bowl filled with ice and play with Arctic animals in ice
- make variety of habitats from boxes ;- paint and decorate
- use water play and sea life creatures to learn about sea habitat
- make 4 paper habitats and put animals in correct place
- use sand tray and desert animals to make a habitat
Prek 2 Class ( Chrissy Sunberg )
This month we will be discussing “Animals and their Habitats.” This week in the two’s class we will also learn about bugs, bees and butterflies. We will also review some letters by reading books with the alphabet in it and create a letter collage using glue and paper. We will create letter C caterpillars and 3-d pasta butterflies. Our class is going to continue going outside everyday and running around on the playground with their friends.
Books we will be reading are below:
- The Grouchy Ladybug
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- The Very Quiet Cricket
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- The Alphabet Rescue